The music revolution Das Vedanya!

I fell asleep earlier today since I wasn't feeling well and now my kids are asleep and it's 3 AM and I'm not even tired yet.

It's kind of nice to be awake, well-fed, and mentally cognizant with kids in bed. It's daddy time so I'm kind of geeking out on the internet. This kind of reminds me of those times I spent awake and online at 3 am in my early teens cruising the internet BBS rooms and wishing that keyboards were more quite and that modems were faster. Back then it was pre-Mosaic, pre-28K modems and pre-cool shit online.

I actually find myself spending more time cruising random blogs. It's like I've almost re-discovered the internet again. I remember how amazed I was as a child just looking at the wealth of information available online. In the ten or so years since those early commodore 64 days I have discovered that I'd become one of those crotchety old geeks that admonished people for using mice and windows and search engines. I mean doesn't everyone have their favorite ten websites memorized by IP address already?

With the advent of my Blog I have discovered that I enjoy reading other peoples blogs. They are dynamic, engaging, witty, or really dull but whatever they are they are personal and very interesting.

I wish more people blogged now. I sometimes wonder why all my friends aren't blogging and then I realize that they have lives and hobbies and I'm just a troglodyte sitting in my den of iniquity staring at my monitor wondering why everyone else is asleep and I'm poring my energy into a damn Blog.

On a more important note I've stumbled upon a Russian website that I think will become my next best friend next to Napster. I am totally enamored with Napster's all you can download service, case in poing, I've download over 20 Johnny Cash songs tonight along with another 20 all acoustic songs just tonight while I was blogging. I love this stuff!

I've previously complained about Apples AAC encoded files and DRM so I'm not going to beat that horse again. Well tonight I've stumbled upon a new music website called allofmp3 this site rocks! They go on an on about the legality of their stuff you can read their legal stuff by clicking here. Basically their saying fuck you U.S. of A but we will post your songs in whatever format our customers want and charge pennies for the music based on how much bandwidth it's going to eat. I'm probably going to sign up and hand over billing info to some nefarious Russian Mafia shop but who cares so long as I get my music! Right?
Check it out you can download an entire CD of your favorite musician for less than a couple of tracks at Itunes.

I haven't figured out what I'm going to tackle IT wise this weekend. But I'm sure I'll Blog about it when I get [IT] done whatever [It] turns out to be.

Posted by Jeff Breaking the law one codec at a time!

Comments

Popular Posts