Busy but still Blogging and Logging Packets!

A word about my new Cisco 831 Router.

My Cisco experience is very limited but the above Posting Link or this link will take you to Cisco’s white paper on Internet Security for Small Business. It's a perfect short and user friendly technical explanation of Internet Security for the Small Business. It's worth a read.

Anyway, I love this router. My internet connection has never been smoother. It's amazing the difference a 600 dollar router can make. I'll never own another router unless it offers more features and it's from Cisco!

I'm trying to teach myself more about programming and working with these Cisco routers. I have to give credit where credit is due and tell you that D-Link and Linksys both have got really good cost-effective routers for your typical end user but once I figure out how to better use IOS and program this router it's going to be amazing.

Enough of the Cisco fist pumping. Moving on...

My website. I've been promising myself that I'd get around to either blowing it away and starting over or doing something else with it, but I've done not a damn thing to it. I hope and pray that I'll find some time to work on it some more but duty calls me away every time I think about working on it.

My blog. I have been debating going full gore and switching to a paid or hosted blogger service and blogger CMS that offers more features but I've been reading a lot of Biz's stuff and I think that if I could just teach myself some more HTML I'd probably be able to figure out whatever I need or want to do with my Blog. Blogger keeps adding features to their service so maybe I'll stick around and see what I can learn to do without leaving blogger.

Our new techs are doing alright at work and I've gotten more and more time to work on small projects and my long, little-list of things to do. I actually got to cross off over 13 items on my to do list today! Wow! I guess that I'll need to focus more and more on my new job function doing Network Assessments. I ordered a new scripting book today for help on using WSH. I think I'm going to go with WSH instead of something else like Perl or Python since WSH is available on every machine we ship to clients and since all our clients use Windows already I don't see why I can't just learn WSH and move on. If anyone out there has any real scripting experience and has written and run lots of inventory and assessment scripts then please shoot me an email at jefferyestes [at] gmail [dot] com. Yes I obfuscated my email you spammer scum!

I'd like to give a shout out to fellow lame ass blogger Richie. He worked his Kung-Fu on my Axim and got my wireless working. Yes what he did was simple but he had the time and inclination to get it done so congrats Richie your Kung-Fu was temporarily stronger than mine. If Richie would ever update his Blog then I'd link back to it but he's been busy getting ready for the big M word. Yes he is masturbating, I mean getting married soon. Good luck Richie I hope it works out for you. Shana is a great a girl but Marriage isn't easy. Get rid of the damn magazines for real, it will help, I swear.

I'm (looking/being forced to) going to school or at least taking some classes this upcoming fall by Heidi. She is begging me to go since it should be relatively easy for me. I say it should be easy and since she is the full-time/professional student I guess her opinion is well-qualified. I'm a voracious reader and I have fairly good retention of stuff that I am studying or learning to do and writing comes fairly easy to me. My major weaknesses being grammar and spelling.

That's it for now. I swear I'll try to work on the website some more.

Word.

Posted by Jeff sipping on Gin and Juice with my mind on my money and my money on my mind.

Comments

Popular Posts